Thread: cabin filter for ZJ

Registered

Question cabin filter for ZJ

I know they do not exist from the factory, but is there a way to possibly fabricate something to place infront of the intakes? Has anyone tried this?

------------------
    94 ZJ with Pirelli Scorpion tires, Don-A-Vee TB spacer, K&N drop-in Filter,
    To do's: TeraFlex 2" BB, many others to come
    94 ZJ with Pirelli Scorpion tires, Don-A-Vee TB spacer, K&N drop-in Filter, Anthony's 2" BB, Rusty's: Front Adjustable Trackbar, shocks, steering stabilizer.

Registered

Forced air heat furnace element and cut it to size. I thought of doing that but to change it you need to take off the windshield wiper everytime.
    * Magnum 6.7 STROKER 408*
    ARB's, 33's,s 8 rancho's winch...

Registered

That's what I was thinking of also, but wouldn't the rain, snow, and mud ruine the element (filter)? Or could you possibly find a plastic shield that would fit around it also and then use a couple of small screws to hold it to the plastic housing around the air inlet? I've got a newborn who has horrible allergies and want to take her out with the wife and I once I get the jeep lifted and protected, but because of the dust and pollen in the air, I would like to be able to filter some of the crap out of the air.
    94 ZJ with Pirelli Scorpion tires, Don-A-Vee TB spacer, K&N drop-in Filter, Anthony's 2" BB, Rusty's: Front Adjustable Trackbar, shocks, steering stabilizer.

Registered

I realize that this link is for an International semi, BUT... in their catalog, they had a more extensive listing for pickups, suvs etc. Give them a call, and see if they carry something for a ZJ (they might only know it as a Grand Cherokee though )

Hope that helps...
    Brian
    http://www.iowa80catalog.com/iowa80/...tid=AIR-FILT-4