Thread: Jensen 375 watt bass tube...

Icon312 Jensen 375 watt bass tube...

So I have a Jensen 375 watt bass tube. I got it for free. I was thinking about buyting an amp for it and putting it in my TJ. Im really not looking for bass that you hear down the block, or that shakes the Jeep. I just want to have a little bit more low end bump when I listen to music. Just enough so that you can feel the bass. This thing is small and not easily seen. What do you guys think about it?
    86 Toyota EXT Cab.
    7 inches of lift
    Worked Buick V6
    36s

Like this one?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/JENSEN-JS80-8-37...QQcmdZViewItem

It will add a little bass, but 375 watts is a joke. That's peak wattage, and it could probably handle it for about .0001 seconds before melting the coil. 50-75 rms will probably be all that can realistically handle.

I'd spend money for a decent ten, do it right the first time.

2001 Sport, 2" BB, Old Man Emu shocks, 33x10.50's, some stereo stuff

I wouldnt be spending any money on it...I got it for free and its sitting in my garage
    86 Toyota EXT Cab.
    7 inches of lift
    Worked Buick V6
    36s

I know you got it for free. I'm still saying I would spend a little and get a decent setup instead of that. But that's just me. There's a reason it's only $20 on Ebay, it's flea market level equipment.

2001 Sport, 2" BB, Old Man Emu shocks, 33x10.50's, some stereo stuff

Smile "Flea Market" level Jensen JS80

Hi Tacoma, and Adam.

I was searching around for some info on the JS80, which is actually a JTS-80, if you wanted to get more information on it, and I found this thread. I was looking for info because I was thinking of getting one for myself for a little extra kick with out alot of money. Yes adam, we all know you can go out and spend hundreds, even thousands of dollars on a stereo system for a car. But thruth be told, if you're not powering everything correctly, it still will not work good. I went ahead and bought the JTS-80 for my car and it works great.

Here is my setup:

Stereo: Pioneer DEH-10, with built in Mosfet 180Watt Amp (45W x 4)
    Front: Infinity Reference 4x6 6412CFP 2-way 45W RMS: $14 ebay
    Rear: Alpine 6x9 SPS-690A 3-way 50W RMS: $16 ebay
    Sub: Jensen JTS-80 8" bass tube: $20 ebay

After shipping I spent a total of $100 on all my speakers, stereo was free from a freind. The only reason I got the bass tube was for a little extra bass and so I could take the edge off my regular speakers to turn it up louder without distortion or fear of blowing the speakers.

The JTS-80 is 15-125Watt rms, 35Hz to 150Hz, and it does exactly what I wanted it to do and a little more. I actually had to set the "low" setting on the equalizer to -2 to get a balanced sound. Like Tacoma, I just wanted a little extra kick, I'm not looking to spend upto $400 for just an amp and a sub.

So to answer your question Tacoma, yes!!! The JTS-80 will do exactly what you want it to, hope this answer doesn't too late and you haven't already spend you life savings on a sub woofer for your car.

IM running a 500 watt amp with a Rockford Fosgate 12 inch punch sub in a ported box. It slams, and goes perfect with my new speakers...Infinitys in the sound par and Polks in the dash. The speakers are soon to be amped as well
    86 Toyota EXT Cab.
    7 inches of lift
    Worked Buick V6
    36s