Thread: 97 Wrangler cruise control???

Icon312 97 Wrangler cruise control???

Hello once again, Has anyone tried to open sights that say it has pictures of the magical part # 82204358 for the 97 cruise control and couldn't ? This is what I'm finding. So I guess the standing question here is, does anyone have a set of instructions that tell what and how to complete the installation of a factory cruise in a 97 TJ? Thanks all. Steve :bluefish:

I don't think the '97's came with factory cruise. I know you used to be able to buy an adapter harness that would allow you to put in a cruise from a newer TJ, along with a few other parts of course. But I don't think that part has been sold for along time.

I put in an Audiovox cruise unit in my '97 and it works fine.
    Fritz
    RIP: '97 TJ, 4.0L, AW4, Flipped D300 w/Tera-low, D44 rear, ARB's, Swayloc, PC springs, RK LA, Rancho 9000's, 33x12.50 TrXus, etc.

That is correct, Mopar did sell the kit but only for one year, But they did install cruise in only 20% of the 97's. Try to find any info on that kit has been next to imposible.I've looked everywhere and found only what was in the kit but nothing on how to put it together. I've heard the Audiovox cruise was the way to go but I've already got the 98 factory cruise installed right down to the controls in the steering wheel. But without 82204358 kit, it won't work???

Registered

No, it won't. Check your email later this evening and you'll have the directions for the "97 kit.

Mr Deke-L
    There you are, I was wondering what happoened to you. I can't thank you enough.

Registered

JU has tech problems, so I can't retreive your email address from your PM. I tried sending a PM, but that didn't work either. The three pages are scanned in Paperport, ready to send when I can access your address. Let me know if you prefer jpg. (BTW, there is an unread PM to you that explained I had been too busy to scan the doc - perhaps the PM system has been down for awhile.)

Ron

Icon312 97 Wrangler cruise control ???

Mr ron,
    Try my sign on name @aol.com. JPEG works. thanks
    Steve

Registered

Done.

Default 97 Wrangler Cruise Question????

I am finding that censorship on the web is in full affect. Try looking up 97 Wrangler cruise indicator light. There's a bunch of hits. But done open, and the ones that do want to sell you a cruiseship trip. What's up with that?
    Did Mopar have a problem with the kit and they had the power to make it all go away. I guess I'm more nieve than I thought. What are your thoughts on this? :bluefish:

Registered

Quote Originally Posted by wedive247
    Did Mopar have a problem with the kit and they had the power to make it all go away. What are your thoughts on this? :bluefish:
    I don't know why Mopar quite making the '97 adapter. My guess is they figured there would be limited demand for them and only had as many as they figured would sell in a given period of time, especially as they would be competing with the after market cruise controls. I doubt it was because they were having trouble with them because mine has worked perfectly for at least 7 years. My only regret was not saving the instructions!
    Joel

'97 TJ 5.7 Hemi, 545RFE, Iron Y front long arms, WJ cross over steering & brakes, F&R Truetracs, 4.56s, 8.8, 2 1/2" OME, 295/75R-16 BFG ATs, HS9500i, TummyTuck.
    '07 Commander Overland

Quote Originally Posted by Joel
    I don't know why Mopar quite making the '97 adapter. My guess is they figured there would be limited demand for them and only had as many as they figured would sell in a given period of time, especially as they would be competing with the after market cruise controls. I doubt it was because they were having trouble with them because mine has worked perfectly for at least 7 years. My only regret was not saving the instructions!
    Yes sir you might be right ? But the dealers usually, at least keep records of a part, if not keep selling the part for at least 10 years before it goes away. If you try to ask the dealers about the kit, you get , sorry it's a discontinued part number and they can't even tell you what was in the kit ? Crazy.... Thanks to this great forum , I have obtained a copy of the kit instructions... Thanks again...
    :bluefish: Mr Joel.... Shout at me off forum... I've got a couple of questions about your cruise.:bluefish:

Mr Ron,
    Are you still around ? I'm looking for a 2nd copy if you still have it ?? You know, the discontinued cruise kit. Thanks Steve.... wedive247@aol.com

I have a 97 and I have cruise.... It only cost me 13.00...

1. 10 spd gear shifter
    1. long bicycle brake cable
    1. barrel adjustor
    1. can of beer

1st Gen tj. sept 96. Locked and loaded.