Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Liquid Check Valve and Rollover Valve

Default Liquid Check Valve and Rollover Valve

Any recommendations for replacing the Liquid Check Valve and Rollover Valve in a '77 CJ5? George's had them but he's out of business now.

Best Regards.

Carl

try collins brothers they might have something

1978 cj-7 golden eagle had since 1979
    304 -360-401
    401 .030 over- full floating flat top pistons
    crower solid cam 292/298 - .500/.510 lift
    .246/.250 duration.050
    th-400 / 4500 stall
    Dana 44 5:13 gears
    aj glass body
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...401/?start=all
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...cj7/?start=all
    11.669 @ 112.33 mph 33x10.50 slicks and 4" lift in the 1/4 mile all motor no spray / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

Mine are different because I'm running the factory 20, but the Dodge dealer had mine. They may have yours too..........
    13 JKUR Stock mall crawler

84CJ7 SBC, T19, D300, D30/AMC20HD, 3" Black Diamond lift, ground up Almost done!

Registered

I eliminated the liquid check valve and replaced the roll over with an in-line roll over from Lane Automotive. It costs about $10 but eliminates the risk if you roll. The only issue was that it only came in 3/8" so it took a little line modification.
    '80 CJ-5, 304, T-176, Dana 300, Locked front and rear, AFW Frame, 4WD Hardware Body.

Registered

Click on the graphic

I have two complete stock set ups for sale right now. $25 ea. PM me a email and I willsend you pictures.

Just an update for others that may be looking.

Georges is out of business probably due to the recent natural disasters in Louisiana.

Collins Brothers is sold old and doesn't expect to see anymore.

I'm still looking and have PM'd Super8.

Best Regards.

Carl

Thanks for the update-what about the Lane Automotive? They still current?
    78 Jeep CJ-5 304 fiberglass bad ass-/life has a way of interferring with the best laid plans of hobbyist and Jeep

Registered

Lane Automotive as well as any local speed shop should have it. It is referred to as a 3/8 inline roll over vent valve. If you are worried about emmissions then I would get ahold of Super8 because that looks like a fair price. If on the other hand you are venting the tank and carb bowl with filtered air off the aircleaner and want to make sure that you don't leak in a roll, the inline is a great safety device. Whatever position you end up in it will not allow fuel to flow out. Then as long as your gas cap is properly seated, the sender is sealed correctly, and the lines are in good shape, your fuel cell should be contained.
    '80 CJ-5, 304, T-176, Dana 300, Locked front and rear, AFW Frame, 4WD Hardware Body.

All that piece is in the second photo is a Ford fuel tank roll-over valve in a rubber/plastic adapter piece. You could also use a PCV valve if it came down to it...

To the best of my knowledge George's was down for a while but he is still in business and back up and running. Here is his web site:

http://www.willys.net/

1970 CJ-6: 305 TPI V8, NV4500, Dana 18 w/Teralow 3:15 gears, Dana 44 rear w/Detroit, 4:88s and custom Moser Alloy shafts, Dana 30 front w/4:88s and Bid Daddy OR HD Tierod kit flipped on top of the knuckles, full cage tied in with Saginaw power steering conversion and power brake conversion. 35 inch Super Swamper SSRs on 17x9 Procomp Steel Wheels. Kilby On Board Air---
    2000 XJ Cherokee Sport - Traded the old girl in on a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 so I could tow the CJ to and from the trail. Only one Jeep in the family these days.

Registered

Unhappy Dumb ??

Ummm... I think recently discovered the need for a rollover valve when I was parked on a steep decline on a trail and the contents of my gas tank started pouring out the bottom of the charcoal canister... But what does the liquid check valve do? And how are they plumbed? It's been so long since mine broke into little plastic pieces or rusted apart...
    75 years and 350,000 miles of fun:

1983 CJ-7 No maintenance, just mods

1998 M3/4/5 No mods, just maintenance

1983 R65LS No intention of modding it, don't know how to maintain it

1978 cj-7 golden eagle had since 1979
    304 -360-401
    401 .030 over- full floating flat top pistons
    crower solid cam 292/298 - .500/.510 lift
    .246/.250 duration.050
    th-400 / 4500 stall
    Dana 44 5:13 gears
    aj glass body
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...401/?start=all
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...cj7/?start=all
    11.669 @ 112.33 mph 33x10.50 slicks and 4" lift in the 1/4 mile all motor no spray / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

CJSIXER,

OK, I tried the same number again and got the same response. He's no longer at the number posted on the Web Site.

If he's in business, he needs to update the site cause he's loosing business.

If anyone has his new number, please pass it along.

Hencini, the liquid check valve prevents liquid from passing through the line only when it's in the upright position. The lower two lines come from the fuel tank as shown in Fuzz401s picture above. If liquid enters, the float inside closes the output line causing the liquid to return to the fuel tank through the second lower line.

Best Regards.

Carl

The last number I had for George's was 601-542-0013 which does seem to be different than what is on the site. You might want to mention that when you call.

1970 CJ-6: 305 TPI V8, NV4500, Dana 18 w/Teralow 3:15 gears, Dana 44 rear w/Detroit, 4:88s and custom Moser Alloy shafts, Dana 30 front w/4:88s and Bid Daddy OR HD Tierod kit flipped on top of the knuckles, full cage tied in with Saginaw power steering conversion and power brake conversion. 35 inch Super Swamper SSRs on 17x9 Procomp Steel Wheels. Kilby On Board Air---
    2000 XJ Cherokee Sport - Traded the old girl in on a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 so I could tow the CJ to and from the trail. Only one Jeep in the family these days.

Registered

Fuzz--

D'oh!! I actually have that exact diagram in a manual not five feet from me now... Thanks!!

Carl--

Thanks for the info... Now to dig a pair of these things up... I might have some from the YJ I cannibalized...
    75 years and 350,000 miles of fun:

1983 CJ-7 No maintenance, just mods

1998 M3/4/5 No mods, just maintenance

1983 R65LS No intention of modding it, don't know how to maintain it

Registered

Quote Originally Posted by hencini
    Ummm... I think recently discovered the need for a rollover valve when I was parked on a steep decline on a trail and the contents of my gas tank started pouring out the bottom of the charcoal canister... But what does the liquid check valve do? And how are they plumbed? It's been so long since mine broke into little plastic pieces or rusted apart...
    Those little white check valves (Part #J536-2541) are spring loaded to let vapor escape. They prevent the raw fuel from flowing to the vapor canister if liquid hits the valve the "float" overcomes the spring pressure and closes the valve.

A few years ago I was surprised as I was walking a wrecking yard to find that these check valves are used on many different fuel tanks, not just Jeeps. I picked up a couple off non-Jeep tanks and they had the same vendor part number as the one on my 83's 20 gal tank.

CJSIXER,

Thanks for the updated phone number for Georges. He's still in business and 601.542.0013 is the correct number for anyone that needs parts.

His Web Site is being held hostage currently so it may not be updated with the correct information for a little while.

Until then, the above number works and he has 1 more liquid check value available. Due to basic supply and demand principles, the price is a little more salty than orginally seen on the Web Site.

Best Regards.

Carl

Registered

I was in th same situation so i decided to add to this thread, its named great for future searches...

I was looking for a roll over check valve too and came across this guy about the third item down.. its an inline deal,
    any thoughtsinline roll over

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/fsafe9.htm
    HIS: 1977 cj 7
    hei mc2150 glass tub super ride 1'' springs, hydro shocks, durabak, scrambler half cab, tear down and paint coming this spring....maybe
    HERS: 2008 JK Unlmited
    Detonator Yellow X, nuthin but power windows, 285's on black 16's, premium sound, and a tow hitch...the wife finally caught the jeep bug.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/zach.cos...eat=directlink

That is an interesting item for the price. I wonder if they work well. If they did I would definitely consider investing in a couple.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast