Thread: Backup camera for the Nav Screen.

Registered

Default Backup camera for the Nav Screen.

I thought I saw something about an addition of a back-up camera that would interface with the nav-screen and now I can't find it.....or was I hallucinating? I would solve a problem I have with my new TT.
    Dick

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD
    1997 GC Ltd

This is indeed possible. Here is a link to the manufactor who produces an interface unit. I personally have not done it so I can't speak to the results. If you proceed please post your results/success.

www.TVandNav2Go.com
    08 Grand Cherokee Overland - Light Greystone Pearl - 5.7 Hemi

05 Grand Cherokee Limited - Light Kahki - 5.7 Hemi - SOLD
    04 Grand Cherokee Columbia Edition - Midnight Blue Pearl - 4.7 HO - SOLD

Registered

One of the members was looking into adapting the XK back-up camera to use in the WK, dunno how far they got....
    '05 WK Hemi 25K pkg -- :poofey: White on Gray -- born on Mar 10,2005 @ 1pm -- All options except Nav, DVD, and Sirius
    Mods: Cabin Air Filter -- PIAA Xtreme Whites

Registered

Thanks for the input. I sent an email off with a request for more info. They have a feature that turns the back-up camera on when the vehicle goes into reverse but I want the ability to turn it on as a suplement to my mirrors when towing in traffic. We'll see what they say.
    Dick

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD
    1997 GC Ltd

Registered

This has so many practical uses. i.e. scoping for hot chicks in traffic, getting some good laughs while watching the guy behind you sing along to Top 40 hits, etc.
    1998 Platinum Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
    Kolak 3" Exhaust, Edelbrock Performer IAS Shocks,
    Silverstars / Kolak Harness,
    K&N drop-in, Fosgate Sound, 15% Tint

Registered
    Nottsure, Wair (6.1 liters NW of Wairemi)

Default AM/FM/DVD/---/MP3/Rear Camera Radio

There will be a new navigation radio from Chrysler out sometime next year, most likely the replacement for the current REC. It is slated for the Commander, WK and other DCX models. I am not sure yet if it will make it into late '06 model production or be introduced with the '07s. It will have built-in rear video capability and another surprise feature or two...

Registered

Ah, I hope it's a touch screen!!!
    2000 WJ Black/Agate Limited I6, Quadra Trac II, Tow Pkg., 2001 Limited gauges, RB1 Navigation System, K&N drop in, 03 Avila 17" rims with Michelin P245/65R17 Cross Terrain SUV's, F/R Addco sway bars.

Default Any more Info?

I am thinking about adding the Nav to my WK within a couple of months as a Christmas present to myself. I would hate to spend that kind of money and then have a new Nav unit come out with an incredible feature set. I can live without the backup camera but what are the suprise additions? Any help would be appreciated!

Registered

The big addition is prolly using your voice for inputs into the nav system which you can use while driving FINALLY.... but that is just a guess.

As far as waiting to get a new REC or wait, what is more important ; get a REC now or be an early adopter (read: DCX beta tester) of the new unit??
    '05 WK Hemi 25K pkg -- :poofey: White on Gray -- born on Mar 10,2005 @ 1pm -- All options except Nav, DVD, and Sirius
    Mods: Cabin Air Filter -- PIAA Xtreme Whites

Registered
    Nottsure, Wair (6.1 liters NW of Wairemi)

AM/FM/DVD/---/MP3/Rear Camera Radio

Quote Originally Posted by milous
    There will be a new navigation radio from Chrysler out sometime next year, most likely the replacement for the current REC. It is slated for the Commander, WK and other DCX models. I am not sure yet if it will make it into late '06 model production or be introduced with the '07s. It will have built-in rear video capability and another surprise feature or two...
    Man, about time that this option became available. Even with the rear radar, I still feel a bit uneasy with running over other things that may not be detectable (like scaping curbs).....

Registered

Since it already supports Sirius satellite and CD, here are some other guesses:

--- = DVD-Audio
    --- = AAC (iTunes audio files on CD/DVD - aka poor man's iPod integration)
    --- = VCD or SVCD
    --- = PS2 (with a pair of Bluetooth wireless remotes?)
    --- = TV

Now Milous, just start saying 'hot' or 'cold' and we'll refine the list accordingly...

Rob
    2005 WK Limited in Midnight Blue, 5.7L Hemi, 4x4 Off-road, towing, 25K package, plus a few more options

2001 Lexus IS300, loaded, Spectra Blue Mica

Honda VTX 1800C cruiser - the most fun of the three

Registered

milous,

I have an srt-8 on order with nav. It is in D1 status with a 12/2 build date I think. (I decided to nix the steel blue and just order the silver)

Any updates on this new nav system? when will it be out? besides rear view camera, what is the new feature? I would hate for my "new" car to have the "old" navigation system! thanks in advance.

Icon317

How about if my 05 Navigation happens to break next year do I get the new Navigation system?
    2005 WK: SOLD
    2006 WK SRT8: SOLD
    2008 Charger SRT8: SOLD
    2011 WK2 Blackberry Overland 5.7

Registered

WMA
    2005 JGC Silver, Hemi, everything but PDC and airbags, 3" Cat Back, K&N, Jet S2, 2" Lift, Diamo 20", 285/50/20

1991 YJ Sahara RE 2.5", 1" Shackles, Rockit intake, homegrown exhaust, stock 3.73's for now, 255/85x16's, LoD Carrier, Warn 8724-50, Flat Fendered

Default Back up Camera,WK

There will be a Mopar Accessory back up camera available for the WK within the next 2 months, it will use a seperate screen. It uses a seperate screen because less than 20% of all WK's get the REC radio(thus no screen for back up camera)- Rumor are new radios, but not until 2008- will not make the 07 model
    07 XK, Hemi, Steel Blue-2 "Lift"
    05 Dodge RAM 1500 4X4, Hemi- RB1 Navigation with Mopar iPOD integration
    98 ZJ- Grand Cherokee- (The Project)

We can add ANY additional screen and camera. It has to integrate with the current screen to be unique. Hmmm, I'm one of the 20%, huh?
    Jangy
    '10 Black Rubicon
    SDCrew #1