Thread: Type 43 Code

Icon91 Type 43 Code

My wife was driving her 2005 to work today and got a "type 43" code on the instrument panel. She typed "what is a type 43 code for a Jeep Liberty" into Google (which I would have never thought of) and got this answer back:

This is straight from the horse's mouth. I asked just that question of Daimler-Chrysler and got the following as part of the reply:

"'Type 43' is just a designation for the instrument cluster in your vehicle. If the lettering appears to be illuminated, it may be caused by reflection or light bleeding through. However, it does not signify a fault in your vehicle."

Has anyone heard of this??

Quote Originally Posted by DennisG
    My wife was driving her 2005 to work today and got a "type 43" code on the instrument panel. She typed "what is a type 43 code for a Jeep Liberty" into Google (which I would have never thought of) and got this answer back:

This is straight from the horse's mouth. I asked just that question of Daimler-Chrysler and got the following as part of the reply:

"'Type 43' is just a designation for the instrument cluster in your vehicle. If the lettering appears to be illuminated, it may be caused by reflection or light bleeding through. However, it does not signify a fault in your vehicle."

Has anyone heard of this??
    Our dash on our 05 CRD has "Type 43" on it in the lower center part of the dash.

Thanks,
    I saw the answer in that "OTHER" forum. She needs to chill a little.

Registered

Maybe one day someone (hint, hint) will allow us to create an FAQ so we don't see this question over and over and over again.

Just about fell out of my chair laughing about this. It is just the designation of the cluster - just as Chrysler said. I too got a little upset about this appearing - after all, the instrumental panel is a raving surplus of indicators. The sunlight hitting the numbers make them appear quite bright. By the way, my Liberty is still vibrating at 50 mph - 25 as well. Suppose Chrysler is REALLY checking into this - as they said? Hmmmm!
    KIARA :wavzing: