Thread: Stand alone fuel management system?

Registered

Default Stand alone fuel management system?

Is there a stand alone fuel management system that would take over the control of the fuel injection functions on my Wrangler 4.0? I have a tps circut problem that I have spent 6 months trying to find, even to the extent of removing the entire wiring harness from the Jeep. I'm looking for a way to bypass the stock Jeep stuff, but retain my fuel injection.

Thanks!
    David Allison

Local Jeep Guy

07 Unlimited Rubicon
    4" lift and 37"s!!!

Have you tried running new wires from the TPS directly to the pins on the PCM harness connector? If bypassing the original wires that operate the TPS with new wires doesn't work, it would seem that you need a replacement PCM.

Proper fuel injector operation, producing the correct A/F ratios under all operating conditions, requires input from other sensors besides the TPS. To do what you suggest would probably require an aftermarket equivalent of the stock PCM.
    2001 WJ Limited, 4.7L, Quadra-Drive -- Kenne Bell Supercharger, Stillen Rotors with MM pads (F/R), Addcos (F/R), Kolak 3 inch exhaust with large case MagnaFlow, Rogue Chrome wheels, DRL activated, and Blaupunkt 3.5" dash speakers.

Registered

I was thinking of some of the add on systems guys running superchargers or turbos are using now days. But I guess it does require a correctly functioning factory system too. I've tried new wires and many, many other things including a computer. I even pulled the entire wiring harness from the jeep, unwrapped it, checked it wire by wire and ran a continuity test across each wire. Check out the following thread. Dirk had the same problem and found his... I still can't find mine.

http://jeepsunlimited.com/forums/sho...5&goto=newpost
    David Allison

Local Jeep Guy

07 Unlimited Rubicon
    4" lift and 37"s!!!

Getting it done WhiteOakWheeler's Avatar

I have no idea....But it is nice to see another Local on the boards
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport 4.0L 5spd 4" Rough Country Susp. Lift, 33" MT Baja Claw Radials, Custom Paint and Rhino Lining.
    2005 Yamaha YZF-R6 Raven Edition, Power Commander, Sprockets and Akrapovic Race Exhaust

Registered

stand alone fuel management system......not a bad way to spend 10 grand

hell yea, this is the TN thread
    1997 Grand Cherokee 5.2 V8 Orvis Edition (Yea, the one with the Green seats).

Mods so far: Mopar ECU, K&N FIPK, Kolak Exhaust(straight-piped), ML Headers, AP 3923 plugs, 180-stat, clear corners
    Best 1/8th: 10.077@69.54, 60ft: 2.235
    What I want: 50mm tb, maybe a new car?

GO HOKIES!!

I had a TPS problem that was hard to find once. Turned out that the problem was right at the joint between wire and terminals on the TPS plug itself. If you test probed at the wire end of the connector, all was good. If you probed the terminal, no go. I had to solder the plug to the wires. The crimp had cut most of the strands. It would run without a code with only one or two strands connected. It wasn't running well though. Not untill the last one snapped (and it went into "limp" mode) did I figure it out. Must have tested the plug 50 times before that though. MIKE
    302-992-9880
    '00 Supercharged XJ
    '97 TJ
    '96 Stroked (4" Bore) ZJ
    Working on Stroker CJ

-=- originally posted by LoudZJ97 -=-
    stand alone fuel management system......not a bad way to spend 10 grand
    1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
    ML Headers - 3" FM70 catback - Vortech Blower - Stillen Brakes - Ported Kegger - SCT Tuned - Addco & Hellwig Sways - H&R Springs - Grabber UHP Tires - Alpine/Infinity Stereo - E-Codes w/ 55W Bi-Xenons

Registered

For something cheap and effective, check out Megasquirt.

Hey Graluc,

I know this post is ages old (and this is my first post), and I see that you haven't been active in awhile, but I'm dying to know if you ever sorted our your TPS issue. Wacky issues like this are very interesting to me.

Thanks for your time.

Nine years later, I'd be willing to bet that the OP doesn't own the Jeep anymore. Not everyone hangs onto their Jeep forever like I do.

1992 XJ 4.6L "Poor Man's" Stroker
    202rwhp @ 4700rpm (248bhp)
    258rwtq @ 3400rpm (311lbft)
    1/4 mile: 14.63 @ 94.4, 3450lb curb
    AX15, NP231, D30/D35
    Jeep Performance, Jeep Tech, Junker to Stroker

You're probably right.

I've owned my '95 YJ since I was 16; I'm 27 now.

And hot-damn, I'm talking to Dino Savva! Do you have any idea how many times I've read your "From Junker to Stroker" writeup? Probably first read that 7 years ago. On behalf of the whole Internet, thanks, man!

Ever consider trying a Megasquirt fuel injection setup?