Thread: where to get paint for jeep

Default where to get paint for jeep

Hey guys,

I plan to fix some rust build-ups around windshield on my 94 I6 YJ. But I can't find any paint sold in local supermarkets and autozone. It seems duplicolor even doesn't have jeep listed.

What is the good place to get cheap spray can? I am thinking to make the paint in backyard. But don't know whether it is possible or not.

BTW, my YJ is in the traditional green. Don't know the color code yet.

Not sure if this will help you or not - but are one of these two colors correct for you? If so, these may be your color codes.

Dark Hunter Green Metallic Clearcoat G5/JG5
    Emerald Green Pearl Clearcoat GF/PGF

"If you want to ride the ultimate wave, you have to be willing to pay the ultimate price.." -- Mark Foo

'89 YJ - 4.0L/AW4/231/HP60/60/37's

paint in supermarkets?

There is cheap compatible paint (duplicolor) sold in supermarket. Autozone, napa, advance auto parts also have it. But it seems not manufacturing jeep paint.

A quart of high gloss Rustoleum(sp?) is 6-7$ at walley world. Use a 3 or 4" foam roller and you can paint the entire jeep for less than $10. You'd be suprised at the qualifty of the finish. I know it sounds redneck, but i just finished painting our good'ol boys mud car that way and it looks great. Well at least far better than the typical rattle can jobs.
    Just ring the ****ing bell, you pansy -Blue

They don't list it under Jeep... they list them under Chrysler.

or u can take the cans of the rustoleum high gloss and put it in a spray gun and top it off with a can of rustoleum clear and it iwill look dam near proffessional

no mixing to worry about just put the paint in and shoot
    95 YJ 2.5L Low Output, AX-5, NP231

RE SYE/ RE CV-Shaft/ 4.0 Throttle Body/ SOA with 2 " PA body lift/ 33x12.50 Mud Rovers/ Black Rock Krawlers/ Air Raid T-body Spacer/ Rhino Lined Exterior & Interior/ Hardtop/ Alpine CD player/ Diamond Audio D3 600.1 & Diamond Audio CM3 12"/ Cheap Ass CB/