Thread: Help! How to remove/replace fan clutch pully bearing?Jeep needs to be ready for work!

Angry Help! How to remove/replace fan clutch pully bearing?Jeep needs to be ready for work!

Well, the fan pulley is wobbeling and wiggeling all crazy.
    I hear that the problem is the cltuch fan pully bearing? I called the store and they dont know what I am talking about.

Anyone give my a hand and pointers on how to remove and replace and the technical term for the part? all info is great appreciated as I need my jeep for work in the morning!
    SOLD-2001 Wrangler 4.0
    SOLD-94 Cherokee 4.0

you cant just replace the bearing the entire fan clutch assembly needs to be replaced.

Fairly easy, take out rad and hoses(gives you much more room). Remove the four nuts holding it on. Replace. Reassemble.

Registered

Default Re: Help! How to remove/replace fan clutch pully bearing?Jeep needs to be ready for w

-=- originally posted by 87vertgt -=-
    Well, the fan pulley is wobbeling and wiggeling all crazy.
    I hear that the problem is the cltuch fan pully bearing? I called the store and they dont know what I am talking about.

Anyone give my a hand and pointers on how to remove and replace and the technical term for the part? all info is great appreciated as I need my jeep for work in the morning!
    mechanical fan clutch.

getting it around/through the fan shroud is the hardest part and be carfull not to damage the fins of the radiator.

well I hate to rain on your parade, but if the fan-pulley is wobbling. You will need to replace the bracket assembly. The clutch fan does not bolt to the water pump like any normal engine would. The jeep has a bracket with a bearing for the clutch fan and pulley.

mopar # 5300-6548 with A/C
    5300-0163 with out A/C

I hope these part numbers help any, I am not sure if this is avilable aftermarket yet.

Good luck......

ok, thanx for all the info guys
    Any idea how much will it all be and how long will it take for me to replace it? thanx
    SOLD-2001 Wrangler 4.0
    SOLD-94 Cherokee 4.0

can I pruchase the parts at the local parts store?
    SOLD-2001 Wrangler 4.0
    SOLD-94 Cherokee 4.0

CleanRC-thanx for the info!

My problem was not the pump it was that fan bracket. Thank you for checking that out for me cause I was on a wild goose hunter in another direction. I owe you one.

Now-the freaking part is $129.00! dam it!
    SOLD-2001 Wrangler 4.0
    SOLD-94 Cherokee 4.0

Anybody know if they sell this at the local autoparts store?
    SOLD-2001 Wrangler 4.0
    SOLD-94 Cherokee 4.0

Why are you asking us? Call your local store!
    94 XJ Country NP231 AW4, 145k miles
    Cooper Discoverer ST/AR767, front towhook, PIAA 40's and Hidden Hitch. 1.5" budget boost 10/08

Why dont you call around and find out.
    Sold all jeeps.

Exclamation

Rustler Dude,Chris in VA-the question I asked is a simple yes or no question.

I have been on plenty on car forums and this one has the most jackass's for some strange reason.
    SOLD-2001 Wrangler 4.0
    SOLD-94 Cherokee 4.0

Since your a lazy sack of potatoes, I used my long distance card, called chicago and its local stores FOR you since you are way to lazy to do it yourself. The answer is yes, your local stores do have it. Now, its up to you to go out to your local autozone or pepboys and have them get it for you.

Its called a phone, use it.
    Sold all jeeps.

I hate to say it but-you are a liar. They do not carry it.
    Like I said before.........jackass.
    SOLD-2001 Wrangler 4.0
    SOLD-94 Cherokee 4.0

Hey! guess what! You actually looked. You did use some FTP and move your ass. Also, I must be a lying sack of **** because I didnt call and waste my time.

BTW, I was wondering....do they sell that part in chicago at any local shops?
    Sold all jeeps.

-=- originally posted by Rustler Dude -=-
    Hey! guess what! You actually looked. You did use some FTP and move your ass. Also, I must be a lying sack of **** because I didnt call and waste my time.

BTW, I was wondering....do they sell that part in chicago at any local shops?

I am not going to waste any more time with a freaking clown.
    SOLD-2001 Wrangler 4.0
    SOLD-94 Cherokee 4.0

Registered

-=- originally posted by 87vertgt -=-
    Rustler Dude,Chris in VA-the question I asked is a simple yes or no question.

I have been on plenty on car forums and this one has the most jackass's for some strange reason.
    how would they know if your local store will have the part???

its not a simple yes or no. i agree with them, call the store, they will tell you yes or no.

i dont think they were being jackasses. you need to help yourself and not believe everything you read on a forum.

Registered

Anyone ever stand in line forever at Autozone while the parts counter guys answer the phones for every twit that has to call every place in town looking to save 30 cents?

I think they ought to rip the phones out of the wall at all parts stores and wait on the customers that make the effort to come in and buy something.

End rant.
    '84 Scrambler -faded red. 258-bored .40 over weber 3838. Rubicon NV3550 B&M. dana300 terralow twinstick clocked flat. amc20 4.10, fullfloat, ARB, truss. skyjacker 4". long shackles. eaton beads on 37" IROKradials. warn m8000.

'02 WJ OVERLAND -shiney red. stock