Thread: How do you remove the plastic dash on a 2004 wrangler.

Default How do you remove the plastic dash on a 2004 wrangler.

I remember on a 200 you had to remove the ashtray screw and the 2 screws located beneath that long plastic vent piece. I got the 2 off from the long vent piece but the 2004 has no ashray so I cant get it off. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanx
    I support: Bush, Our Troops, The War

2004 JEEP SPORT. 5 speed with: mp3 player, proximity sensor alarm, 7 spkr system blasting hank williams jr, compass/temp gauge, dana 44 rear axle, . NEW ADD ONS: Banks exhaust, POS Custom bent Warn Rocker's, 2 inch skyjacker lift, 1.something body lift, 1 inch MML w' 31 inch MT/R's and homemade disconnects.

--I bend Skid Plates--

remove defroster cover/trim, remove two screw up top, pull like hell. simple as that. clips in, rough to get off the first time or so.
    97 Sahara

DID YOU FIGURE IT OUT?

AMUSING THAT YOU ARE QUALIFIED TO GIVE YOUR OPINION OF RE PRODUCTS...NO MATTER HOW UN-EDUCTAED IT MAY BE, BUT NOT QUALIFIED ENOUGH TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO PULL THE DASH ON YOUR OWN
    97 Sahara

Registered

So you got the Jeep off the dealers lot? Or are they letting you take it apart there?

-Eli

-=- originally posted by SkyHigh -=-
    DID YOU FIGURE IT OUT?

AMUSING THAT YOU ARE QUALIFIED TO GIVE YOUR OPINION OF RE PRODUCTS...NO MATTER HOW UN-EDUCTAED IT MAY BE, BUT NOT QUALIFIED ENOUGH TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO PULL THE DASH ON YOUR OWN
    Classic I have been reading some of his posts

Registered

DID YOU FIGURE IT OUT?

Yea that about sums it up
    Starting all over with a red Rubicon Unlimited. Auto Tranny. First mods: RockCrusher Diff covers, ROKMEN Unlimited Sliders/reinforcements, Rockhard 4x4 rear bumper/tire carrier w/gerry cans. Currently on order Full Traction 6" long arm suspension, Bilstein 5100's, HAD driveshaft, Warn gas tank skid, Walker Evans 15" wheels, 35" MTR's, Antirock, Rockhard4x4 cage, poison spider trail corners and the list goes on

Registered

UN-EDUCTAED
    Not a word you want to misspell....

Registered

-=- originally posted by TJEli -=-
    So you got the Jeep off the dealers lot? Or are they letting you take it apart there?

-Eli
    82 CJ8- daily driven. again.

Registered

My wife yes, my dog maybe, my Jeep never.

DID YOU FIGURE IT OUT?

Coming from a man who can't spell and does not know how to take off the CAPS LOCK . . .

Anyways, Yes I have owned RE products on a Jeep before so yes I am qualified to state an opinion. And yes I have not owned a 2004 Jeep without an ashtray so no I do not know how to remove the dash.

Continue making an idiot of yourself . . . please.
    I support: Bush, Our Troops, The War

2004 JEEP SPORT. 5 speed with: mp3 player, proximity sensor alarm, 7 spkr system blasting hank williams jr, compass/temp gauge, dana 44 rear axle, . NEW ADD ONS: Banks exhaust, POS Custom bent Warn Rocker's, 2 inch skyjacker lift, 1.something body lift, 1 inch MML w' 31 inch MT/R's and homemade disconnects.

--I bend Skid Plates--

Registered

-=- originally posted by DrewTJ -=-
    Continue making an idiot of yourself . . . please.
    Why don't you teach him how, Drew? I heard you wrote the book.

Damn... For a second I thought I was on Pirate4x4 reading this thread

You can get a decent look at pulling the dash from this stereo install write-up http://www.jeephorizons.com/tech/stereo/

Like was stated before in the thread just pull the trim that is along the windshield, remove the two screws that are exposed under that panel (in the center), and then pull like hell on the dash.
    -James
    2004 TJ (Mine) *1977 CJ-7 (Hers) * 1994 XJ (Ours)
    http://www.RedCellMotorsports.com
    http://www.myspace.com/redcellmotorsports

Registered

I wish newbies would do a little research before they started playing superhero.