Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do the Canyon TJ Rims work on the XJ

Registered

Icon310

Look good on MJs too!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1987 MJ 4.0 Long-bed, 2wd to 4wd conversion, 4.11 axles, 4x4 Posi-Lok controller, 31 in Goodyear ATs on '99 TJ canyon rims, M.O.R.E. Bombproof motor mounts, AX-15 transmission conversion, NP 231 w/ JB Conversions SYE, factory sport bar and light bar w/ MOPAR 6x8 Bosch driving lights, Hella 550 amber fogs and headlamp conversions, factory nerf bars and hidden winch adapter, factory bucket seats, '91 XJ tach and speedo cluster conversion, OPTIMA battery, h.o. alternator, JET HOT coated BORLA header, RANDOM high flow cat, gloss black powder coated valve cover and engine trim, MOPAR street hemi orange block, slightly polished ports and intake, MOPAR ss oversize back cut valves w/ bronze valve guides, level 1 MOPAR valve springs, push rods, and heavy duty rockers, Schneider cam and lifters, Cloyes double roller chain and gears, cross drilled and polished crank with hand matched .002 main bearings, MOPAR Melling high volume oil pump, MOPAR engine oil supplement, ARP fasteners everywhere, Custom 1 inch spacer with over bored RENIX Throttle body, GDI 3 core 4.0 HO cooling system and stock '96 XJ electric fan

1996 XJ Classic, 4.0, 3.07 axles, AX-15 5 speed, NP-231 dead stock except for the OPTIMA battery w/ HO alternator, POWERAID throttle body spacer (worthless) and GDI three core radiator.

not to hijack this thread... but it begs the question to have me ask this... do ALL stock rims/wheels come in different sizes, not so much in diameters, but in width... like most rims/wheels are 15x7, how about 15x8's? I see SyCo's rig is at 15x8.

hmmm, makes me wonder what my Columbia Edition tires and rims are(came from a Columbia Edition Wrangler 2004's), they are the eccos but in a dark gray... forgot to ask the dude what size they were, when I got them all i cared about that they fitted a Cherokee, they are in storage now, it is kinda hard to get to them to check... especially when it is at a buddy's rent a storage locked up in a car trailer.

any thoughts?

Registered

its my observation that most stock wheels are 15x7s because most stock tires arent big enough (width wise) to constitute using a 8" wide wheel. right?
    two rangers......and now a cherokee......ahhh, the reliability

These steel wheels are 15x6:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=43956

90% of the other stock Jeep wheels (not considering the CJs and SJs) are 15x7.

The Canyons that I and others on this thread run are 15x8. If I'm not mistaken Canyons only came on TJs with the 30" tire package.
    98 4.0L XJ Sport, NP231 with SYE, AX15
    5" RE/DPG extreme duty lift, 33x12.50 Goodyear MT/Rs
    D30/D44, 4.56 gears, Auburn ECTED, four wheel disc brakes

Registered

-=- originally posted by cheiserm -=-
    its my observation that most stock wheels are 15x7s because most stock tires arent big enough (width wise) to constitute using a 8" wide wheel. right?
    True, most of the Jeep wheels are 15X7. The Canyon rims are 15X8. The TJ wheel package with 30" tires comes with 15X8 wheels. This includes the previous TJ 30" tire package rim (Outlaw?) and the current TJ 30" tire package rim (Ravine). This is part of the advantage of switching to Canyon rims. You can get a bigger tire on the Canyon.

I got this off jeep.com regarding the Ecco wheel:

Ecco Wheel and Tire Group
    MSRP: $965.00
    15" x 7" Ecco Aluminum Wheels
    Full-Size Spare Tire
    P225/75R15 Wrangler GS-A OWL All-Terrain Tires
    94 White Cherokee Country
    3" SkyJacker Lift
    BFG 30s on TJ Canyon's
    Rocky Road Armor

07 Rock Red Grand Cherokee Laredo
    4.7L Flex Fuel V-8
    QuadraDrive II / Off Road Package
    4X Guard Armor

-=- originally posted by tispco -=-
    True, most of the Jeep wheels are 15X7. The Canyon rims are 15X8. The TJ wheel package with 30" tires comes with 15X8 wheels. This includes the previous TJ 30" tire package rim (Outlaw?) and the current TJ 30" tire package rim (Ravine). This is part of the advantage of switching to Canyon rims. You can get a bigger tire on the Canyon.

I got this off jeep.com regarding the Ecco wheel:

Ecco Wheel and Tire Group
    MSRP: $965.00
    15" x 7" Ecco Aluminum Wheels
    Full-Size Spare Tire
    P225/75R15 Wrangler GS-A OWL All-Terrain Tires
    funny they dont offer the ecco wheels for the Columbia Edition as 15x8... what does the "Ravine" look like?

Registered

the old TJ 30" group was the "Gambler" 15X8 with 5 big holes and "rivets" around the face '97-'98

the Ravine is pretty much a Canyon, only the face of the wheel is painted silver, instead of being machined/cleared, and there is a little "bump" on each spoke. I don't have pics.... jeep.com probably does though.... the Unlimited uses it also.

All these 15X8s work well on the XJ for running 30"+
    98 ZJ 5.9L- OME, AEV, Mopar Performance.
    50 CJ3A all original.
    previous jeeps: 88XJ, 93YJ, 98TJ, 98XJ, 00TJ, 98XJ, 98TJ, 97TJ, 06WK

Registered

ZJ Canyons are 15x7
    TJ are 15x8

ok what is the widest tire you can stick on a 15x7 for a stock height then?
    thanks for the input guys.

Default another shameless one

91 XJ, 3"skyjacker,Turbo city cold air tube,Tomken front bumper with reciever,MJ shackles,Custom rocker replacments,Shaved bottom of doors,JKS disconects,Rear lockright,Front aussie,35" MTR's,Lot's of fender triming,
    02 WJ Limited
    95 ZJ upcountry
    61 willys FC 170

Registered

Default Re: another shameless one

-=- originally posted by GunGuy -=-
    Nice setup! I was considering the Canyon rims with 32x11.50's, but I was told they would rub the control arms and leaf springs. (Not enough backspacing) Did you add spacers behind the rims or was I given some bad info???

-=- originally posted by dogtired -=-
    ok what is the widest tire you can stick on a 15x7 for a stock height then?
    thanks for the input guys.
    No lift, no rubbing = 235/75
    No lift, may rub (it rubbed for me, but some folks have no problems) = 30x9.50

-=- originally posted by dogtired -=-
    what does the "Ravine" look like?
    Go to www.jeep.com they're on the red TJ thats on the main page.

j1sjeep you were given some wrong info, the rear clears fine front rubs at full lock with bfg m/t
    91 XJ, 3"skyjacker,Turbo city cold air tube,Tomken front bumper with reciever,MJ shackles,Custom rocker replacments,Shaved bottom of doors,JKS disconects,Rear lockright,Front aussie,35" MTR's,Lot's of fender triming,
    02 WJ Limited
    95 ZJ upcountry
    61 willys FC 170

-=- originally posted by blk2000xjc -=-
    BajaCherokee92 says those wheels suck. I like 'em though.
    I didn't say ****.
    SOLD -- '92 XJ- Stroked, Lifted, Bumpered, 44ed, Geared, Locked, LEDed, Scratched, Dented, Tired, and Exhausted.

Registered

Question

What is the difference between the XJ 97-00 stock rims and the TJ rims? looks the same... are different in size? the ZJ 97-98 use the TJ rims stock?
    96' XJ Laredo with 44' axles rear and front

I have compiled a list of jeep wheels that will fit the XJ, MJ, ZJ, YJ, TJ, and KJ (the KJ requires at least a 16" wheel to clear the brakes). listed with each picture is the vehicles the wheel was available on, name of the wheel (if i could find it), wheel size, and colors available in. This is by no means a complete list, but I believe I have included almost every aluminum wheel...

http://community.webshots.com/album/131617732mGjiQC

(I have added the RAVINE wheel, but it is not in the album yet)

If you know of a wheel that this list is missing, let me know and I will add it

btw, I myself have 4 Canyon wheels sitting on the floor next to me right now that I just purchased for my ZJ
    2010 Grand Cherokee S-Limited 5.7L QD-II
    - bobbed ARB bull bar
    - Kicker audio upgrade w/ single sub and MYGIG Lockpick
    - AEV/Superlift 4" + EGR
    - 17x8.5 AEV Savegre JK wheels
    - 285/70/17 Goodyear MT/R w/ Kevlar

-=- originally posted by Fran -=-
    What is the difference between the XJ 97-00 stock rims and the TJ rims? looks the same... are different in size? the ZJ 97-98 use the TJ rims stock?
    Are you referring to the five spoke steel wheels? Nothing, they're the same, although the later model TJs used a different center cap.

The ZJ aluminum five spoke wheels look like TJ Canyons, but they're not, they're 15x7, unlike the Canyons which are 15x8. If you look at yellowcherokee's album you'll see other subtle differences, the spokes aren't as wide and the center caps are plain, whereas on the Canyons they have Jeep stamped on them.

-=- originally posted by yellowcherokee -=-
    If you know of a wheel that this list is missing, let me know and I will add it
    If I'm not mistaken the wheel to the left of the TJ Canyons are called Gamblers.

Registered

Cool

Thanks SyCo!

To yellowcherokee:

here are some pictures of a wheel that is not in your list, this wheel was commonly used in cherokees Renegades (2 doors cherokee denomination in Venezuela) until 1997; I think itīs a combination between the XJ Pioneer & Laredo wheel and the XJ/TJ/YJ 15x6 rubber hub cap...

Thanks!
    96' XJ Laredo with 44' axles rear and front

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2