Thread: Q&A: What does a Dana 44 Look Like?

Registered

Smile Q&A: What does a Dana 44 Look Like?

Question: What does a Dana 44 rear axle look like?

Answer:

[Croc Hunter Voice] Here we see the Dana 44 in its natural habitat, the underside of a stock Jeep (in this case an MJ), But don't fret, there are AAL's on the floor and shackles in the mail. [/Croc Hunter Voice]
    Also note that painting the D44 cover yellow adds 10 hp and the smiley face scares away those mean nasty rocks.
    '98 Jeep Wrangler Sport Gunmetal I-6 AX-15 98k miles 3.73 D30/35, OME HD + 1.75 in spacers + JKS 1.25" BL, 34x12.5-15 Interco TrXus MT, IPF Headlights w/Magic J Bulbs, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Jeeperman Skids and other stuff.
    '89 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 Laredo Spinnaker Blue UpCountry I-6 AW4 150k, An "evil" 180 degree T-stat, 5 Leaf Rear Springs, 235/75-R15 Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos, Sylvania Silverstars, 96 MC & Booster Upgrade, and a whole bunch of replacement stock parts
    '89 Jeep Comanche 4x4 SporTruck Short Bed Gray I-6 AW4 51k w/D-44 3" lift, discos, and lots of other crap

Registered

that really was not funny, but I find myself laughing for some strange reason
    "Bad Ideas Catch on Quickly"

87 Cherokee Laredo 4.0L
    Dana 44 Rear- w/ Detroit
    AW-4
    NP231- w/ skid
    RE 6130 lift w/ HD Track Bar
    (thank's DIRK)
    BDS 1.5 coil spacers
    .75 solid rear axle blocks
    3-Row GDI w/ ext. tranny cooler
    On Board Air System
    BDO Tie Rod
    RockKrawler Shocks
    15x8 Crager Black Steelys- 3.75"BS
    33x12.50 Dayton Timberline MT/Rs
    3x2x1/4 Custom Rock Rails
    Front & Rear BPE's
    Dana30 Diff guard and LCA guards

Registered

D60>D44 :pthh:

Attached Images Attached Images

Registered

-=- originally posted by jpnjim -=-
    D60>D44 :pthh:
    It better be a 35sp............

Registered

-=- originally posted by 91 Jeep Project -=-
    Mines Better...........

http://community.webshots.com/album/62310538DmkvkZ
    Ohhh, A HP front 44, I'm jealous.
    Now all I have to do is get rid of the 35 boat anchor under my TJ in favor of an 8.8
    '98 Jeep Wrangler Sport Gunmetal I-6 AX-15 98k miles 3.73 D30/35, OME HD + 1.75 in spacers + JKS 1.25" BL, 34x12.5-15 Interco TrXus MT, IPF Headlights w/Magic J Bulbs, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Jeeperman Skids and other stuff.
    '89 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 Laredo Spinnaker Blue UpCountry I-6 AW4 150k, An "evil" 180 degree T-stat, 5 Leaf Rear Springs, 235/75-R15 Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos, Sylvania Silverstars, 96 MC & Booster Upgrade, and a whole bunch of replacement stock parts
    '89 Jeep Comanche 4x4 SporTruck Short Bed Gray I-6 AW4 51k w/D-44 3" lift, discos, and lots of other crap

It better be a 35sp............

Originally big course 23splines (1.5"), but you can't get a locker/spool to fit those anymore.

BTW, I'm jealous of the ft HPD44 too :teary:

Mines Better...........

http://community.webshots.com/album/62310538DmkvkZ

i have seen pictures of that jeep sentry thing before, but what is it?

im assuming it's a custom thing, but how would you actually make all that **** work?

is it yours?
    jeep xj3500
    In memory of Nicholas Evers.
    |?|||||||?|

Registered

No it's not mine, I just keep the pics around because it comes up in a thread about once a month. It was a factory system that monitored all the items that you see on the face. The second pic is of one that actually just sold on ebay. It would take a massive amount of sensors and wiring to actually make it work. I'd just throw it in the space for the cool factor, I wouldn't mess with trying to get it to work. Just splice it into the lighter or something so that it would light up when you turn on the Jeep.

As for the HP RC 44, I have something that Jim is jealous of???? I'm honored.........