Thread: P0505 Idle Control System Malfunction

Registered

Default P0505 Idle Control System Malfunction

What does the code mean and how can I fix it so my check engine light stays off. Here is the code P0505 Idle Control System Malfunction

Registered

Well that means that the PCM believes that there is a problem with the system that controls the idle of your engine. Most likely it's a bad idle air control motor, but it could be anything from a dirty connector to cut wire to... you get the idea. How is your engine running at idle?
    - 1968 Kaiser-Jeep M35A2 W/W 6x6, Multifuel Engine
    - 1995 YJ 4.0L / NV3500 / NV231 from an 03 TJ, 31' MTRs
    - 1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2DR 4.0L Auto
    - 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L Auto

Registered

-=- originally posted by bottleworks -=-
    Well that means that the PCM believes that there is a problem with the system that controls the idle of your engine. Most likely it's a bad idle air control motor, but it could be anything from a dirty connector to cut wire to... you get the idea. How is your engine running at idle?
    The idle seems to be fine. I would check the connections but I have no idea where to be looking at. Is the idle control motor a dealer only item?