Thread: 4.0L INJECTOR O-RING KIT?

Registered

Post 4.0L INJECTOR O-RING KIT?

92 xj 4.0L

mr. haynes says the injector o-ring kit comes with 7 o-rings and 6 seals (extra o-ring for the regulator) one is color coded brown and the other black. went to DC and they only had kits of 2 o-rings of the same color for 9-10 dollars per 2! went to Salvo auot parts and they had jeep 4.0L MPI injector kits for 16 bucks. it has 13 thick black o-rings, 5 thin black o-rings, 7 white plastic spacers and a throttle body gasket and one larger thin o-ring. all have what looks to be the same I.D. except for the one larger thin o-ring.

1) anybody know exactly what I will need to replace injector 0-rings?

i thought I would need 13 o-rings total, 2 per injector plus one for the pressure regulator. Haynes says each injector needs an o-ring and a seal which is made of a different compound than the o-ring

2) extra stuff in this kit to replace fuel line fittings without using the quick connect replacement?

4) is the larger o-ring for the TPS/IAC?

thanks for any help

When I replaced my FI o-rings I got them from autozone.12 o-rings all the same.I think they are universal now.

The thin ones are for the fuel line hook up so are the spacers.If you're careful you won't have to replaced them.

My 89' fuel rail has 2 fuel line hook ups I think in 91' they changed it to 1 hook up.

Use some KY when you reinstall the injectors makes it alot easier.

edit: put the KY on the o-rings.

I wasn't born with enough middle fingers...