Thread: E-brake cable TJ/YJ for XJ

Default E-brake cable TJ/YJ for XJ

I know we have talked about this many times before, but I need to know what year TJ/YJ will fit my 93 XJ. I broke one of the cables this morning and I want to replace them with new ones.

I guess I will replace them with the longer TJ/YJ passenger cable will I have to replace them. No need to replace them with stock and when I go higher I have to replace them again.

'93 XJ, 2.5, 2DR, 3" Rough Country, Rock-It Air Tube & Filter(Turbo City)
    31"x10.50 Super Swamper TSL
    31"x10.50 BFG AT's
    P235/75R15 "Cheapo" AT's

'99 WJ, 4.0L, Lerado
    2" Teraflex BB
    255R16 Wild Country

I used 95 YJ e-brake cables. They are much longer than the stock cherokee, and you won't have to make dif brackets to put them on. They'll fit in the stock XJ brackets.

Greddy
    '98 ZJ 5.9L, 231 HD, TW shafts, 2" boost with 255x70x16's, ARB with MM winch, K&N cold air, just a start...

Registered

Use two pass sides for that. You will need a piece of threaded rod to extend the adjuster link. 8 MM if I remember right. I will be doing this soon too.
    93xj, 4.0l, auto, t.b spacer, 4.5 r.e.lift, 31s,home fabbed bumper.

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. They wake up in the morning and that's the best they are going to feel all day. (Dean Martin)

I used two passenger side ones from a 93 YJ, and yes, you will need some 8mm threaded rod and 8mm coupling nut (or welder). I had to order 3 feet of the threaded rod, and maybe used 6 inches, so I've got some extra, if you need some.

It's great having e-brakes again, just wish the cupholder didn't limit travel soo much.

Mike

1996 XJ Sport, 3.5" OME lift, 31" BFG AT's, Tom Woods SYE & DS, Amsoil flat filter & fluids, Kolak ignition & exhaust, Hidden Hitch hitch, IPF e-codes & Magic-J bulbs, T-case & Gas tank skids, AJ's super rails, C-rok brace, JKS disco's, ARB Bull Bar w/ Warn M8000, Tera-flex UCA & LCA, Kevin's Offroad Trackbar conversion, D44 rear axle.

1979 CJ5, 258 I6, T18a, glass tub/fenders/hood; soon -> 4" BDS, 33" BFG MT's

Want: 2007 JK Rubi Unlimited....

I took mine out because of that.

Thanks guys.
    '93 XJ, 2.5, 2DR, 3" Rough Country, Rock-It Air Tube & Filter(Turbo City)
    31"x10.50 Super Swamper TSL
    31"x10.50 BFG AT's
    P235/75R15 "Cheapo" AT's

'99 WJ, 4.0L, Lerado
    2" Teraflex BB
    255R16 Wild Country

I have a 96' so I don't know if it's dif. from yours. I used an 95 YJ pass side cable for the drivers side, and it fit in the original parking brake bracket. I didn't have to add any thread length to the adjuster. On the passs side I used (not sure, came with the 8.25 I bolted in last year, not stock because it is even longer than the 95 YJ cable, since it was free I used it). That one had a shorter end on it, where it hooks up to adj bracket.So... I made a bracket for that one, and bolted it to the floor of XJ. Really nice to have e-brakes that don't limit travel, and tear up the mufler.

Greddy
    '98 ZJ 5.9L, 231 HD, TW shafts, 2" boost with 255x70x16's, ARB with MM winch, K&N cold air, just a start...