Thread: Jet Chip Installation

Default Jet Chip Installation

I was just curious but what would be involved in adding a Jet Stage1 chip to my KJ? I read somewhere that you have to cut a metal bracket, but I couldnt see what it was talking about when I looked at my KJ's computer.
    2003 Jeep Liberty Limited - Silver
    2WD - 27G package - Infinity Basslink Sub - Kenwood KDC-V7022 Head Unit with Sirius Satellite Radio - Chrome grille - Silverstar headlights and fogs - Magnaflow Exhaust - Mopar Black Taillight Guards - Speed Grille Inserts - Mopar Front and Rear Slush Mats - Volant Air Intake - Jet Stage 1 Chip http://members.sounddomain.com/player81

Registered

Jet power chips are the easiest thing in the world to install (I thought anyway)

Step 1 disconnect the negative batter terminal
    oh yeah well that would be step 2, step 1 is to open the hood

Step 2 Remove the PCM (should be the middle wire if I remember from my Liberty) on the box located on the inside fender (drivers side)

Step 3 Install the Jet chip where the harness was just disconnected (pcm) just snaps in.

Step 4 replace the wire you just removed into the Jet Chip

Step 5 hook up battery

Step 6 enjoy the extra horsies

Takes 20 minutes at the most

2006 Jeep Commander
    28U
    4.7 V-8

Registered

pics ??
    GO SOONERS

Registered

any consecuences to the engine?

less MPG?

less engine life?

more fun, that´s for sure!
    Sunroof 4x4 silver sport,´02
    dirth and wind
    215/85/16 Toyo + .75
    Greasable LBJ
    KONI shocks
    OME 4 coils + 1.5
    Mobil1 5-50
    Mazatlan, Mexico = 2.25 actual lift

Registered

I no longer have the pics of my KJ on my PC (long story but it resulted in reinstall of windows XP not a good day)

2low: Jet says there are no side effects to having the Jet chip on the engine. It changes your shift patterns and fuel ratio and idle and all that fun stuff, but doesn't harm the engine. The one important thing is to remove it BEFORE going in for servicing on the engine. Sometimes when they put the OBD computer onto the Jeep with the Jet chip it gets false readings, so remove the chip prior to going in for servicing. As for fuel consumption, it was hard to say, with the new shift points the Liberty liked to shift higher (I have a lead foot also) but some weeks it seemed better fuel and some weeks was worse, depended on what was going on and where I was driving etc. All in all I would say a Jet chip is worth it.

2006 Jeep Commander
    28U
    4.7 V-8