Thread: Will 1992 Ford F150 rims fit 76 CJ5?

Question Will 1992 Ford F150 rims fit 76 CJ5?

I have a chance to pick up some tires & rims (mounted) from a buddy who sold his truck. They came off of a 1992 F-150 4x4, and are 5 bolt, 15" AR-172 Baja rims, he thinks 10" wide with 33x12.5 General Grabber MTs with about 70% tread left. The center opening is 4.25" (he measured for me).

Will these Rims fit my 1979 CJ5?

Thanks,
    Mike

1996 XJ Sport, 3.5" OME lift, 31" BFG AT's, Tom Woods SYE & DS, Amsoil flat filter & fluids, Kolak ignition & exhaust, Hidden Hitch hitch, IPF e-codes & Magic-J bulbs, T-case & Gas tank skids, AJ's super rails, C-rok brace, JKS disco's, ARB Bull Bar w/ Warn M8000, Tera-flex UCA & LCA, Kevin's Offroad Trackbar conversion, D44 rear axle.

1979 CJ5, 258 I6, T18a, glass tub/fenders/hood; soon -> 4" BDS, 33" BFG MT's

Want: 2007 JK Rubi Unlimited....

Registered

Should fit fine, my friend also has a 92 f150, and I "borrowed" his 35's one time. Just make sure the backspacing is ok, the ford ones are in quite a bit and it can cause steering problems on your jeep.
    1980 cj7: 5.0/T18/Dana 300

Registered

Years ago I bought a set of used Ford rims for my CJ-7. The bolt pattern was correct for both front and rear but the wheels would only fit on the rear because of the larger diameter of the front hubs. I had my Dad cut out the centers of the rims a bit with his oxyacetylene torch so the rims fit on all four wheels. He didn't have to take off much, and he did a real nice job. After they were repainted you have to look closely to tell they were "modified".
    '80 CJ-7 Iron Duke (project)
    '97 ZJ 5.2 V8 (wife's car, not really my style, I prefer old CJs)
    '99 TJ Sahara (daily driver)

The bolt pattern was correct for both front and rear but the wheels would only fit on the rear because of the larger diameter of the front hubs.
    Hmmmm sounds familiar........................
    Forgive your enemies.
    It messes with their heads