Thread: TJ, vs Isuzu Amigo!!!!!!!!

Registered

Angry TJ, vs Isuzu Amigo!!!!!!!!

I have a friend, girl, who just missed out on her dream car, an amigo, red, 5 spd, soft top, '98 i told her she is lucky she missed it and i feel sorry for whoever bought it, she says an amigo is sturdier and safer. Can you guys please lay down 100 reasons why a wrangler is better, also she probably wont be doing much offroading, i'd just hate to see her in an Amigo.

Registered

Icon5a

The Amigo is better than the junk DC turns out at least they come with a decent rear end in them.
    gperx4@att.net
    AMC wrote the book.
    D/C wrote the comic book.
    I GOT AIR,YOU GOT HOT AIR.
    Just because it isn't made doesn't mean it won't happen

Registered

Amigo not being a full convertable is reason enough for me.
    -Tas
    '89 YJ, 4.2L, AX-15, B&M short shifter, TJ flares, 1" BL, MSD coil, big ford cap and rotor, 31" BFG AT KOs, LSD, Flowmaster 40series, Euro/Aussie tail-lights....
    '68 Jeepster

Registered

Talking

Registered

Default Re: TJ, vs Isuzu Amigo!!!!!!!!

-=- originally posted by sean00xj -=-
    I have a friend, girl, who just missed out on her dream car, an amigo, red, 5 spd, soft top, '98 i told her she is lucky she missed it and i feel sorry for whoever bought it, she says an amigo is sturdier and safer. Can you guys please lay down 100 reasons why a wrangler is better, also she probably wont be doing much offroading, i'd just hate to see her in an Amigo.
    My Wrangler (TJ):
    I can fold the windshield down.
    I can go anywhere
    Easier/cheaper to lift
    Stylish good looks
    Full convertible
    Easy to work on/repair
    Parts are plentiful/easy to get.
    Parts are probably cheaper too.

I could go on and on...
    '73 CJ5...CJ-Huh?

Registered

If this is a discussion you are having with a girl friend you might want to just think about cutting your losses now.
    2003 AEV Rubicon, Auto,
    AEV 3.75" suspension system, Goodyear MTRs 285 75r 16, ARB Front Bumper, Currie Rear Tire Carrier, Warn XD9000i, IPF lights
    AEV rocker guards, Heated seats front/rear, XM radio, Staun Deflators, Optima Blue Top, Skid Row engine/tranny skid, Cobra 75x, Navman Ipaq GPS w/ maptech topo.

http://members.cardomain.com/aevrubicon

cage to come.

Registered

too hard to take the doors off an Amigo,
    not nearly enough mod options
    Can you say IFS?
    :wavzing:
    98 TJ Auto, for sale
    92 Range Rover
    "playin' like stupid on the World Wide Web"
    www.rivercitytrailrunners.org

The biggest reason I have is the Rodeo/Isuzu are built like crap. They are very hard to work on, and if you don't change the oil like you should, the 3.2 is prone to low oil pressure, the cause being an internal oil valve getting clogged. There is an update for it, but it pays about 8 hrs to do.

They do drive very nice, though.
    Omnis Cedo Domus

98 TJ 5.9/46RE/D300 with some mods
    98 XJ Sport

Subscribe to CRAWL Magazine

Registered

IIRC, the only advantage to the Amigo is that I believe the V6 equipped is/was rated for 5000lb towing, tho the wheelbase seemed to be very similar to the TJ.

[EDIT]

You might want to note that I have heard that Isuzu may not be around for long. I read in Autoweek(?) that some dealers havent been given updates on future vehicles for some time. I think Isuzu sales (incl copies of GM stuff) arent so hot.
    2000 TJ Sport/auto/D44/trac-loc/3.73/X8000i/tomken mount/Skidrow steering skid/JEEPERMAN rear bumper & Skidz/RE 3.5SF/33x10.5x15 ATKOs/some aesthetic stuff...

!! War Eagle !!

Gun Control only Disarms Victims

Try buying replacement parts for an Amigo.........

Registered

#1 reason...it stands for FRIEND in Mexican. Amigos don't let Amigos buy Amigos...nuff said?

Registered

personally, I am not a fan of "forcing" people who don't seem to appreciate jeeps to buy one, they probably won't be happy, and they almost certainly wont use it for what it's intended, she just probably wan't a car that's "cool" and doesn't care if it has solid axles or even know what they are. the best thing you could do is taking her wheeling in your wrangler, if she doesn't fall in love with it then, then there's no point in forcing the issue.

-Jer
    1999 TJ Sahara (5 Speed!) FOR SALE pretty much stock again. >>Pics<<
    1981 CJ7 - R.I.P. -
    From Long Island? click here.

Registered

Icon312 There are a few reasons for an amigo

They are dirt cheap used and rated at 5000 pound towing. How can this be? I do understand how bad wrangler brakes are even without weight behind. So the Amigo does beat the wrangler like in 4 catagories but I like the jeep a little better. Atleast its not a kia I here those suck even when new.
    pavement pounder

Registered

-=- originally posted by GriptrukTJ -=-
    personally, I am not a fan of "forcing" people who don't seem to appreciate jeeps to buy one, they probably won't be happy, and they almost certainly wont use it for what it's intended, she just probably wan't a car that's "cool" and doesn't care if it has solid axles or even know what they are. the best thing you could do is taking her wheeling in your wrangler, if she doesn't fall in love with it then, then there's no point in forcing the issue.

-Jer
    I totally agree.....I think it is a big mistake to push someone towards a Wrangler....there are too many legitimate "knocks" against the Wrangler to get one if you REALLY do not want one...
    ...rough ride
    ...tiny interior
    ...noisy
    ...nuff said

PS - I LOVE my HEEP!
    Grey '00 TJ 4.0, 5 Speed, WarnXD9000i (X-Line), Dana 44/30 (4.56), RE4.5, 1" BL/MM Lift, RS9000's, ARB Locked-F/R, Atlas II, 33 Engr Flat Skid, Currie A/R, Tomken Gas Skid, Full Floater Rear, Rear Disk Brakes, Warn Front Hub Conv, 4XD Rocker Guard, Garvin Trail Rack/Tire Carrier, MORE HC Bumper, Rockhard Cage, 35x12.50 MTR's/Hellcat's
    ....WIP....
    Next Mod...Need to dump the trail rack .. get a hansen maybe ??
    See some pics at ... Some Jeep Pics

TJ is better, period.
    '94 YJ
    '92 YJ
    '89 YJ
    '47 Willys

The more I interact with society, the more I like my dog.

ummm if my girlfreind wanted a amigo instead of a jeep she would be my "X"girlfreind i meen whats next? judge judy instead of football, britney spears instead of metalica, ya your getting the idea scary aint it !!

If a girl isn't going to do any hard core off-roading she might be better suited by an Amigo. There's nothing wrong with them, I just prefer TJ's and other more classical swb convertible type "Jeeps". (notice "jeeps" with lower case "j" :hatprop: ) Far more suited to me is all. perhaps an Amigo is suited better to "her". I don't own a Toyota Camry either.... doesnt mean others shouldn't.
    "Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike."
    -Theodore Roosevelt

Registered

Let the woman drive whatever she wants. Life is too short to try to argue this kind of stuff with a woman. It's not like it is yours.

LOL

Scott K
    Scott K