Thread: Can you paint over Herculiner?

Registered

Question Can you paint over Herculiner?

i Just bought the Herculiner Kit yesterday in Black, i was wondering if its ok to paint over it, and also anyone else have the black? does it get really hot in the summer?

Registered
    Farmington, NM Native now Living in Fresno, CA

My black faded in about two weeks. I purchased a couple of cans of clear spray and sprayed over it. It turned out looking new again and has yet to fade. Only had another 2 months of sun on it though after being nursed. I'll see how it holds up this spring and summer??

Not to much hotter. just keep the bikini on in the summer and you'll never think about/notice it.
    97 TJ, RE 5.5, 17" ATX Wheels, 37" BFG/KM2's, D44's f/r widened width, 5.13's, ARB rear, PowerTrax No Slip front, Tera 4:1/2Lo, Full Armor, 1ton Steering, Warn 9.5ti, Currie F/R bumpers, York OBA, PSC Full Cage, bunch of other chit!

Assorted Pix

Ray P.

Registered

I remember reading in the instructions that you can paint over it. I think it recomended a certain type of paint. Read the enclosed instructions again to make sure. HTH

Ron
    06 Rubicon Impact Orange

Soon to be Sold:

92 YJ SE 4.0 5-speed
    Hurculined Tub
    2002 silverstone WJ/ V8

"Hate WAR, but Love the American Warrior"

Registered
    lotus land, go past temple of syrinx, 1st house on the right

i hit mine with black spray paint every spring to keep it looking fresh. no issues.

later

dan

I had my CJ-7 bumpers coated with Herculiner. They did fade right away. I painted them with some black rattle can paint, still looked good after two years when I sold it If you paint over it I think it will be fine.
    00 TJ Sport, RE/LA 3.5", 1"BL, 35's, 4:56's, ARB's, TeraLow, Fullcage, Warn HS9500, Kilby OBA, Skids, Bumpers, armor, to much to list.

98 ZJ 5.9 Limited, Platinum, JKS 4.5" Lift, Currie HD Steering, Trussed D44 Aussie locked, Skids, NP242, Hanson Bumper, KOR rack, 265's.

01 Dodge Quad Cab SLT, 4x4, 5.9, HS 1.7RR, 52mm TB, SCT tuned, BL, 285's, 4:56's Posi front and rear.