Thread: PCM ECM ECU Compatibilty: Shoot me

Default PCM ECM ECU Compatibilty: Shoot me

I have a '95 2.5L 5spd Wrangler, and in order to get the thing started I have to put a heat gun on the ECM for ten minutes. These things are on national backorder, and I can't find one anywhere.

I've received some conflicting info on what computers from which models and years are compatible and it's driving me nuts. The part number on mine is 56028 828. I was told by a guy at a dealer that 56028 or 56027 would work, but another dealer told me that the '95 was specific. There's a 56027 811 on eBay from a Grand Cherokee which couldn't possibly be compatible, and a 56027 574 from a forum member off a '94 2.5L 5spd that screams compatible to me.

I read somewhere that if a computer had software for certain options and it found those options missing, it would adapt and disregard them. Since my car has zero options, I assumed it wouldn't be a problem. The second dealer I called said that "couldn't be farther from the truth."

What's the story with these things? I'm nervous to open the thing up and go soldering contacts willy nilly, but if the car starts when the ECM's warmed up, how bad could it be??
    1995 YJ - 2.5L, AX-5
    1988 XJ - 2.5L, AX-5

Registered

call or email www.jwjeeps.com. They are in California, but they are where I got the PCM for my 4.0L and other stuff when I did my engine swap. They know their schitt. It'll cost you $200 plus shipping for a PCM if they have one from a '95.

If they have one that is FOR a 95 though, ask them specifically if it is OUT of a '95. The one for my '94 4.0L is out of a '91.

My ride... http://www.ok4wd.com/rprofile.asp?id=252

www.meatybeatybigandbouncy.com

I'll be damned. I bought an ECU, same part number, and threw it in. Damn car started right up.

Thanks for all the help!

Anyone looking for a heap of used Jeep parts: http://www.jwjeep.com/
    1995 YJ - 2.5L, AX-5
    1988 XJ - 2.5L, AX-5