Thread: Anyone ever get the error code "P0700 Transmission Control System (MIL Request)"

Registered
    School: Cal Poly San Luis Obispo Home:Alamo, California

Icon313 Anyone ever get the error code "P0700 Transmission Control System (MIL Request)"

Got a check engine light and this error code "P0700 Transmission Control System (MIL Request)" It won't shift into overdrive and feels like I'm missing a gear (either 2nd or 3rd) Gonna take it to a shop I trust tomorrow, but I was just wondering what I'm in for.
    Homebuilt Rock crawlin WJ

Icon313

Hmmm. Seems like I see this ? weekly on here!!! When I got that code it was the Output Speed Sensor. I had the same symptoms as you describe.
    2012 WK2 Laredo X. Off Road Adventure 2 4x4

Registered
    School: Cal Poly San Luis Obispo Home:Alamo, California

thanks for the help! Was it a big problem or just a small little fix?
    Homebuilt Rock crawlin WJ

Registered

I had the exact same thing....If i remember correctly P0700 is just a general code to check other stuff. Same symptoms and it was the output speed sensor. It was about a $30 part plus maybe a half hour of labor.

pops
    Jeepless for the first time since 1992....

Question

I am pretty sure the output speed sensor (an easy fix) code is P0720. The P0700 is something that the dealership has to use their code reader to check out. Who knows, it still might not be that bad.
    2001 WJ Limited, 4.7L, Quadra-Drive -- Kenne Bell Supercharger, Stillen Rotors with MM pads (F/R), Addcos (F/R), Kolak 3 inch exhaust with large case MagnaFlow, Rogue Chrome wheels, DRL activated, and Blaupunkt 3.5" dash speakers.

Registered

Default Replace the output speed sensor!!

I just had this problem and fixed it by replacing the rear most speed sensor (2 in transmission). Part was only 18 dollars and it took about 10 minutes to replace.

John
    • 99 JGC Limited, Platinum, Pioneer P930 w/6 disc changer, ADS a6s, ppi pc4800/A200 and Custom Sub box w/2 10" JL W3 mounted in spare tire well.

S4W,Bilsteins 5100,OME SS and 265/75-16 MT/R's
    • 2001 330i M SPORT, Black

Default Re: Replace the output speed sensor!!

Originally posted by jmhurley64
    I just had this problem and fixed it by replacing the rear most speed sensor (2 in transmission). Part was only 18 dollars and it took about 10 minutes to replace.

John
    Where is this sensor located and was it a easy fix? I have the error code and dont want to take it to the stealer...
    99 WJ LTD V8 QD LOADED with some stuff...
    Steve's Jeep