Thread: e-ram electric supercharger

Registered

Default e-ram electric supercharger

Anyone tried one of these???
    http://www.electricsupercharger.com/
    Doug

Icon313 probably not "snake oil"

I canít speak from personal experience about this particular device, but I appreciate that no outrageous claims are made, and that they seem to know how and under what conditions it would improve engine performance. I bet this one will do what they say it will do.

EDIT: But, for it to work, you would need to rig it up so that it is not sucking in hot under-the-hood air.
    2001 WJ Limited, 4.7L, Quadra-Drive -- Kenne Bell Supercharger, Stillen Rotors with MM pads (F/R), Addcos (F/R), Kolak 3 inch exhaust with large case MagnaFlow, Rogue Chrome wheels, DRL activated, and Blaupunkt 3.5" dash speakers.

Registered

Gabage. I've talked to two guys that installed them. One gained 1 horse and lost 5 ft/lbs, the other lost 2 hp and 2 ft/lbs. Neither could get their money back. If you really want to try it, wait awhile, you'll be able to pick one up on e-bay for <$50.
    Rich L.

'90 Cherokee Laredo 4.0

'98 Kaxasaki ZX9R

Question

BudCherokee, you may very well be right about how this device performs. But, would you also let us know how the "gained 1 horse and lost 5 ft/lbs" and "lost 2 hp and 2 ft/lbs" were measured. It takes good equipment with pretty high resolution and with the operator paying attention to detail to make measurements with that kind of precision.
    2001 WJ Limited, 4.7L, Quadra-Drive -- Kenne Bell Supercharger, Stillen Rotors with MM pads (F/R), Addcos (F/R), Kolak 3 inch exhaust with large case MagnaFlow, Rogue Chrome wheels, DRL activated, and Blaupunkt 3.5" dash speakers.

Registered

Both these cars were dynoed before and after the install of that gizmo. Going by those numbers the e-supercharger made no difference in preformance good nor bad. Slight variations that small are most likely due to other factors, humidity, baramic pressure, air temp, fuel quality, ect.
    Rich L.

'90 Cherokee Laredo 4.0

'98 Kaxasaki ZX9R

Registered

Lightbulb

For what the tech overview claims, the product very well may be a reasonable alternative to aftermarket cold air induction systems currently offered, in fact a CAI with one of these things attached may really provide some enhanced performance. The manufacturer is making no claims beyond what the part seems reasonably and logically able to do (I to am impressed with the manufacturers marketing). If installed properly, I can see where it might improve performance to the levels that they claim. I can also see how CAI systems do not always deliver what they claim.
    Interesting product....Powered Cold Air Induction....Generally on about the same level as some of the CAI enhancers installed on some of the late '60's and early '70's muscle cars in the form of vacume operated hood and cowell induction. Maybe a little expensive....
    Just my opinion,
    Regards, W.J.Wheezer
    Current Car: '91 Audi 200 DOHC 20v Turbo Quattro, Prosche "Big Red" 993TT Brake Kit, Absolutly Cherry Car, She may be old but she AIN'T slow, 1 of 1500 imported to the US in '91 only for racing and SCCA Homologation, Currently Modding and working out the Turbo kinks for chipping
    *** ALL GONE ***
    2001 WJ,Laredo, QuadTracII,4.7L, V-8 Kenne Bell Supercharged, 298.3 HP@5500 RPM/311.5 TQ@4500 RPM at the wheels.
    2003 Ford Lightning PU, Dark Charcoal Grey, Granite interior, 23000 miles, PIAA, Clear Bra, Lowered rear, bed liner, Goodyear F-1's, XM radio, upgraded stereo with dynamat interior.
    2005 Audi S-4 Avant V-8....Gett'in Groceries FAST...Miltek cat back, Revo flash, BBS CH wheels, Stop Tech 13 1/2" big brakes, Neuspeed sway bars
    www.community.webshots.com/user/wjwheezer

Might be a good power adder for my 6HP Go Kart!... Not enough volume and pressure for much else
    Manager of APS Precision - Ultra Duty Custom Performance Transmissions, Throttle Bodies & High Stall Torque Converters Built For Your Application... Proud Sponsor of Jeeps Unlimited the best Jeep Site on the Planet

Please Visit Us At:

http://www.apsprecision.com

Registered

I really like how they say they guarantee you to get 4-6% HP increase but the only way they will guarantee that is if you pay to get it dyno'd with the guys signature, mail them the supercharger in new condition with the before and after dyno charts in the 3000-6000rpm range. If theres not at least a 4% gain, they will then give you your money back and pay half of the dyno fee (max $50).

They really discourage returns it seems like and paying $300 just to feel a little difference when ur engine is whining like a baby dont really seem worth it.

Originally posted by Mascarab
    I really like how they say they guarantee you to get 4-6% HP increase but the only way they will guarantee that is if you pay to get it dyno'd with the guys signature, mail them the supercharger in new condition with the before and after dyno charts in the 3000-6000rpm range. If theres not at least a 4% gain, they will then give you your money back and pay half of the dyno fee (max $50).

They really discourage returns it seems like and paying $300 just to feel a little difference when ur engine is whining like a baby dont really seem worth it.
    Big Gains usually cost BIGG MONEY... I would rather take the $300 and buy an APS Throttle Body at least it has been proven to ADD REAL POWER... Or maybe get a Shift Kit with APS Blocker Rod... Or the Mopar MPI 2bbl Intake... or better yet get all of the above and work overtime to pay for it!!!
    Manager of APS Precision - Ultra Duty Custom Performance Transmissions, Throttle Bodies & High Stall Torque Converters Built For Your Application... Proud Sponsor of Jeeps Unlimited the best Jeep Site on the Planet

Please Visit Us At:

http://www.apsprecision.com