Thread: How to hook up a CB antenna?

Registered

Icon312 How to hook up a CB antenna?

I am about to install my cobra 75 CB with a Wilson antenna on a tera-flex antenna mount. I was wondering how to hook up the antenna. I know that you can use the 259 coaxial connector or the spade lugs. Since I am fishing the coax line through some tight spaces, it would be easier to use the lugs. Can anyone show me a diagram of how to do this?

TIA
    A Jeep that needs more toys!

Registered

btt......anyone?

Registered

Default BUMP TO THE TOP!!!

im in the market myself for cb/antenna. i would also like to see some referencing websites explaining installation. anyone out there have anything???

thanks
    johnny
    Lots of parts, and not enough time to put Humpty Dumpty back together again!

Aurora, CO,USA ....Life is GOOD!! ... ... L'CHAIM!!...
    SWMBO and Me on Cliffhanger
    Colorado Offroad 4x4 Club
    "It will take millions of years for the elements to wear down the mountains.
    When they are gone,...... I will drive my Jeep on the Flatlands."

'03 Lt Khaki Rubi

Thanks Al!

I'll help with a suggesiton for http://www.stu-offroad.com/cb/cb_install-2.htm that gets them closer to the info.

As to spade lugs or a PL-259 coax connector, it depends on which antenna mount/base you are using. The radio end of the coax cable will take a normal PL-259 screw on coax connector unless it is a very unique radio. The cneter conductor goes to the antenna and the braid conductor goes to ground/metal boy of vehicle.

Here is a picture of a mount on my TJ that uses the spade lugs. The antenna mount is to the right side of the picture and is fed from a HF antenna tuner.

Once you decide on which antenna mount you are using, pick up the appropriate coax cable with connectors and hook them up.
    Stu's '98TJ Sahara
    ARB Locked & Loaded
    www.stu-offroad.com

Registered

Excuse the mud.. but if you have a TJ and a stock bumper with plastic things removed, it fits almost perfectly in that hole (meaning I had to bore out the hole about a milimeter or two)

That is a 5' antenna, sticks about a foot above the soft top when its on. Works great!

Registered

Talking

Thanks for the help. I will be mounting the antenna on to a Teraflex CB mount over the drivers side tail light. I think that I am going to use the same path that the factory uses.

Registered

Thumbs up

I did exactly what Pimplit did. It works just fine.

Tom

Have you hugged your Jeep today?
    01 Sport/White/Blk Hd Top/5 speed/D44/2" OME lift/AR767s/BFG 31x10.50 Mud Terrain KMs/Sun Performance Rocker Guards/Kilby gas tank skid/Detroit Soft Locker in rear/LockRight up front/Warn 9.5ti winch