Thread: Floating gas guage hand

Registered

Post Floating gas guage hand

Does anyone else have this problem? When i fill up and drive about 10 miles I notice that my gas hand floats any where from full to 1/4 of a tank. It even floats pretty bad when I enter and exit the driver's seat. Any solutions?

------------------
    Red 93 Country. Stock now. HUGE transformation to start this summer!
    Red 93 Country. 6" Hybrid lift, adjustable everything 33X10.50 Radial Swampers. Next mods, D44's front and rear, locked w/4.56 gears,interior roll age, front and rear bumpers, skids, sliders, roof rack and a winch. I guess I'll have to work more part times to afford this.

I would like to see the answers to this too . I don't have as serious a problem , but mine floats +/- 1/4 of a tank ....
    '94 XJ

Registered

Cool

yeah, my needle floats pretty bad too! Could it be the fuel pump or something. this would be a nice thing to fix on my 89 xj!

Registered

Unhappy

be glad you have a gas guage
    1990 limited mix and match lift. FRONT skyjacker coils, rusty's spacers, procomp LCA's and tough country QD's REAR rusty's 4.5" leafs day star shackles, no sway bar, limited slip, a giant (MOAB) sticker, and a partrige in a pear tree.

recent additions; rusty's air tube and filter, home brewed custom front bumper.

coming soon; new tires(i hope), dana 44 rear.

next project; 88 MJ(SUPER-MANCHE)

Registered

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EKSJAE:
    be glad you have a gas guage</font>
    lol